Wonderful Wednesday #21


After almost 4 months of no internet - which I didn't think was possible in the digital age - I'm back on the Wonderful Wednesday train. Back with number 21, I feel like I should be having a 21st party. It's been a busy few months of moving house and changing jobs. It's nice to finally sit down, relax and catch up with some blogs.

It's been a while but I think I remember how Wonderful Wednesday works. So lets get on with the list. 

Hot cross buns - Easter Sunday breakfast had to be Hot Cross Buns - toasted and buttered. My choice of hot cross bun this easter was Tesco's finest extra fruity! YUM!

Chocolate - Of course chocolate has to be mentioned in this easter list. I don't know how it happened but i got quite a few eggs this year. From little caramel eggs to Cadbury's to M&S chocolate eggs. I think it's going to last me a while. 

Garden centres - Bank holidays were made for D.I.Y stores and garden centres and having just bought a new house it's somewhere I've been a lot lately. I spent Monday looking around two garden centres with the mother in law. I'm hoping that the frosts and snow is over. My garden really is a blank canvas at the moment, I can't wait to get out there and get planting. Of course it's not all about plants, you have to have coffee and cake when you visit a garden centre.

Volunteering - I spent last Sunday morning volunteering as a marshall for my local half marathon. I volunteered  last year and was positioned in the same spot so I knew exactly what I was doing. My duties were to ensure road closures were enforced and that the runners were safe. It was a little cold that morning so I was grateful of the free bacon sandwich and coffee I got at the finish line. 

Appreciation - I started a new job in January, unfortunately it didn't work out well for me. It was a lot of stress and just not the job I thought it would be. On my last day last Thursday I received a box of biscuits and a card signed by everyone in the department. I did not expect anything after being there such a short time. It was nice to be appreciated.  

Riverdale - No spoilers please! I'm just catching up on what I've missed. I finally know who the black hood is. I've got to episode 13 of series 2, I love this show it gets darker and darker.

April fools! - Sunday morning I laid the tools out in front of the bathroom and told my husband that I needed to turn the water off and phone a plumber. When he opened the door to the bathroom he found the "leak" in the bathroom. Sorry husband I just couldn't resist pranking you this year.



That's it for this week. I'm hoping to write a few short catch up blogs soon. Hope your all well, drop me a comment, let me know what I've missed.

Em

For more #WonderfulWednesday pop over to these ladies blogs - Sallypeta, HelenJo, cat

Comments

Popular Posts