Wonderful Wednesday #30


I'm feeling rather sorry for myself this week. I've had a cold for the past few days and haven't felt like doing much. I spent yesterday in my pyjamas lying on the sofa watching TV. I'm not very good at doing nothing but I think I needed a lazy day as I feel a bit better today. Lets get on with listing the wonderful moments of the week to cheer me up.

A trip to the cinema.
It was a wet day on Saturday so the perfect weather to go to the cinema. We went to see Johnny English strikes again. If you haven't seen any of the Johnny English films its basically Mr Bean in a spy movie. It was full of laughs, a perfect family afternoon film. The VR scene is especially hilarious.

Autumn Colour.
I'm not talking about the leaves this time, although they are looking good. I'm talking about Autumn flowers. The summer flowers are going over but there are still a few splashes of colour in the garden. The dahlias are flowering well, if you deadhead faded dahlia flowers regularly the plant will produce more flowers. I'm out in the garden each morning after saying good morning to the bunnies I get deadheading in the flower bed. The geranium is still producing bright red flowers. I'm on frost watch as I know this tender geranium will need to be brought in when we get the cold weather.



Caterpillars.
The nasturtium plants are getting eaten by loads of caterpillars. It's coming towards the end of this plants life anyway. So I'm letting these wriggly green bugs eat their way through the plants. These caterpillars will turn into the cabbage white butterfly.



Blankets.
This cold has got me wanting to stay on the sofa. I dragged my handmade crochet blanket out of the cupboard and wrapped myself in it. It's a double size blanket so it's nice and cosy. I look like Linus from Charlie Brown dragging my blanket around the house.

Clementines.
I've been eating these little oranges daily to get some vitamin C to beat this cold. These ones are lovely and juicy and there's something therapeutic about unpeeling a clementine.

Tiramisu.
This is one of my favourite deserts. It cheers me up and I eat small spoonfuls at a time as I don't want the bowl to be empty. Cream, coffee, sponge and chocolate - what's not to like?


For more Wonderful Wednesdays pop over to these lovely ladies blogs:
SallyPetaKateMichelleEl,  HelenLynseyCat
#WonderfulWednesday
Have a wonderful week!
Em



Comments

Popular Posts