Wonderful Wednesday #26


It's that time again, time to list all the wonderful moments of the week.

The Seaside.
Sunday was family time at the seaside. We went to Lyme Regis in Dorset. We strolled along the beach front and around the harbour wall known as the cobb. I don't need to talk about this, I'll let the pictures do the talking.





Roast beef again.
I know wonderful Wednesday had roast beef in it last week! On Sunday we were celebrating some upcoming family birthdays. We had lunch in a posh restaurant, the kind where they pull out your chair for you and lay a napkin on your lap. I always feel a bit uncomfortable in a restaurant that does this but I soon relaxed after tucking in to a roast beef dinner. I think this roast beef topped last weeks, it was melt in the mouth kind of beef.  We had lunch in a sunny conservatory that overlooked the sea, it was a nice treat.

Unexpected nature.
Driving through a country village we came across a gaggle of geese crossing the road. They took their time waddling across the road, they were heading to the village hall for some reason?
I didn't take a picture of the geese but I found another unexpected nature in one of my photos when I was looking through them the other evening. At first I thought it was a helicopter in the distance, but when I zoomed in I saw it was a dragonfly. A dragonfly photobombed me!

Spot the dragonfly.


Gardening.
I'm loving this weather at the moment! It's not too hot, not too cold. It's mainly dry with the occasional shower. Perfect weather for a bit of gardening. I say a bit but I actually mean a whole day of gardening. My sunflowers flowered early this year due to all the sunshine. I've dried them and collected three jars of sunflower seeds. Some for planting next year and some for the birds. The flower and veg borders are now tidy and free of weeds. At the end of the day it was lovely to sit in the garden with a well deserved cup of tea.

D.I.Y
My husband is not a fan of D.I.Y but I managed to persuade him to help me put up a trellis in the garden. With the help of power tools the bins are now hidden behind a  cool green trellis.

For more Wonderful moments check out these lovely ladies blogs:
SallyPetaKateMichelleEl,  HelenLynseyCat
#WonderfulWednesday
Have a lovely week!

Em

Comments

Popular Posts