Wonderful Wednesday #25

Another week has flown by and here we are in September. I think September may be my favourite month. Not just because it's my birthday this month but it's still close enough to summer to replay those balmy summer memories of days at the beach. It's also time to think about bringing out the Autumn wardrobe.

Here's my Wonderful moments this week.

Roast beef.
I have been cooking the occasional roast dinner on a Sunday throughout the summer but I always get hot and bothered. Having the oven on for a few hours has made the house feel like a sauna. So on Sunday we went out for Sunday lunch. We went to a pub in a local village and had the most yummy roast beef. No cooking, no washing up equals a happy wife.

 A stroll through a garden.
After our roast dinner we took a walk around the local National Trust garden. The garden was divided into separate "room's" with hedge's. Strolling through the garden listening to the bee's, watching the butterflies, smelling the herbs and brushing against the ornamental grasses was a very relaxing experience. I will post a separate post on the garden.

Turkish delight.
I love seeing sweets for sale in big jars they always look so colourful and tempting. This week I bought some delicious pomegranate Turkish delight. Every time I go out to the kitchen I can't resist eating one. Just one is enough as they are so sweet.

Courgettes.
This year I have grown two courgette plants in the garden. It's provided us with a few tasty courgettes. I love them chunky chopped into pasta sauce. Courgettes are very easy to grow, they do grow quite big and two plants have provided plenty of courgettes for the two of us. They do take up quite a bit of space in the garden though. I've had to move a few herbs to make room for them, but it's worth it.

For more feel good Wonderful Wednesday pop over to these blogs:

SallyPetaKate, MichelleSamEl,  HelenLynseyCat

#WonderfulWednesday

Have a lovely week!
Em

Comments

Popular Posts