Briswool

Hi,
It's time to view Bristol as you've never seen it before. From the 14th May until the 12th June Briswool is at the M Shed in Bristol. It's Bristol landmarks made out of wool, whats not to like!
The river Avon flows through the knitted city.

Cabot tower.

Bristol is famous for it's balloon festival.

SS Great Britain

The Matthew ship.

The curved city hall and Bristol cathedral. On the right is the children's hospital with shaun the sheep on.
Briswool was crocheted and knitted by over 250 volunteers, it took three years and many cups of tea to complete. The volunteers each picked a building that meant something to them.
Its certainly inspired me to get my knitting needles out.  I may even find out my crochet hook. I have enough wool in my collection to knit a small town.

Thanks for stopping by!
Em

Comments

Popular Posts