Anxiety sucks!


Anxiety sucks!

I'm not ashamed to admit anxiety has beaten me up daily for the last few months. It's affected my health, daily activities and work. I'm on the long waiting list for help, in the meantime I'm trying to look after myself. I want to avoid medication as much as possible. My medication is exercise, gardening and crafting. These are the things I really enjoy and keep the background anxiety at a low level.

Panic attacks are a regular occurrence for me at the moment. With the support of my husband, breathing exercises and distraction tasks I get through them. It's left me emotionally drained and physically exhausted. 

Anxiety can be a lonely condition, with lots of unanswered questions - Why me? When will it end? Am I dying? Do my friends and family hate me? Am I succeeding at life? These questions will likely only be answered when I start to feel better. It will end, it will get better, I'm not alone, I will beat it! 

Love
Em

Comments

Popular Posts